I tell myself these lies over and over until I begin to believe them:
- That’s a name I won’t forget.
- I can easily lose those ten pounds.
- I don’t need to write that down – I’ll remember.
- I can still drive after four drinks.
- I can quit smoking/drinking/eating/drugs anytime I want.
- You still got it.
- Yeah, she wants me.
- My mind is as sharp as ever.
- I’m a very tolerant and reasonable person.
- There’s nothing wrong with my hearing – people mumble.
- Yeah, I can still wear this old outfit.
- I’m above average in intelligence.
- I’m a “people person.”
- I have a great sense of humor.
- I’m “open-minded”.
- I’m very truthful with myself.
- I’ll do it tomorrow.
If you lie to yourself enough times, you can lie to anyone.
For e-books by me, visit http://smashwords.com/profile/view/monteranderson.
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/monteranderson