Ten More Things that will End a Marriage or Relationship.
I read with interest an article on my news fed that listed the eight things that will end a marriage. It listed the following things:
- Talking trash behind each other’s backs. Speaking in a mean-spirited way about your partner when he’s not around. Fixating on what your hubs doesn’t do well
- Negatively comparing your spouse to others.
- Never putting yourself in your partner’s shoes.
- Starting fights with your (figurative) fists up.
- Not knowing when to press pause on a fight.
- Always putting on a good face.
- Not fighting at all.
- Waiting too long to deal with your issues.
As usual with listing like this, several other things that will end a marriage weren’t listed. In the public interest I list them here:
- Discovering that you have sister-wives when you return from the honeymoon.
- Finding out about the dozen biological children you weren’t told about.
- Not finalizing the previous two divorces.
- Listening to your spouse talk to an AK-47 while cleaning it.
- Secretly making bombs as a hobby and then trying to teach your spouse how to drive a truck.
- Stopping to pick up a road kill for dinner.
- Buying gallons of antifreeze even though you don’t own a car.
- Not telling your spouse the balcony on your high-rise apartment has been removed.
- Not changing your status on Facebook from “Looking for a Relationship” to “Married.”
- Showing more interest in your new 16-year-old step-child than your spouse.
Of course, these aren’t from personal experience, at least not all of them. Perhaps you can think of more? Let me know.
For e-books by me, visit http://smashwords.com/profile/view/monteranderson.
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/monteranderson