I read with interest an article by Cari Wira Dineen for Prevention, “5 Signs Your Marriage Isn’t As Strong As You Think It Is.” Cari listed these signs:
· Your spouse is not your go-to person anymore.
· You’re overly focused on yourself
· You’re comparing your partner to others—and not in a good way.
· You’re not fighting, but you’re not loving either.
· You’re leading separate lives.
In my opinion, these signs aren’t even close. Here is my list of subtle signs your marriage isn’t as strong as you think it is:
1. You don’t cook meth together any more.
2. You don’t provide each other an alibi when questioned by the police.
3. Your significant other refuses to remember your safe word.
4. Your significant other ran off with your best friend.
5. You unfriended each other on Face Book.
6. Your significant other opened a separate bank account and won’t share the information with you.
7. You don’t remember each other’s first names.
8. Your significant other says she won’t pimp for you anymore.
9. You don’t wear each other’s underwear anymore.
10. You have mutual restraining orders against each other.
If you notice any of these subtle signs, you better believe the marriage isn’t working.
For e-books by me, visit http://smashwords.com/profile/view/monteranderson.
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/monteranderson
Follow my blog at http://monteranderson-author.com or https://monteranderson.wordpress.com