I have seen several articles lately about the subtle signs you are about to be terminated. What about the obvious, not so subtle signs? Here is a list of some of the indicators that you may be the next employee terminated:
- You show up at work and your company has moved without leaving a forwarding address.
- You arrive at work and a SWAT team is about to break down your office door.
- Your car is towed out of the company parking lot.
- A new employee is sitting at your desk.
- Your favorite food is no longer served in the company cafeteria.
- Housekeeping drops off a bunch of cardboard boxes at your desk.
- Your administrative assistant is sending out resumes.
- Recruiters start calling you at home.
- You’re not notified of an emergency meeting of a committee that you’re on.
- Your password to the company computer doesn’t work.
- No one returns your calls or e-mails.
- People cancel appointments with you.
- Your telephone has been disconnected.
- Your key to the executive bathroom doesn’t work. (Take the hint.)
- A new roster of employees no longer lists you.
- A new organization chart no longer shows your department.
- Your department is not mentioned in the new budget.
- Your friends start sending you e-mails asking if you’re okay.
- Coworkers stop by your office to say that they will miss you.
- A coworker steals your chair and desk lamp.
- The mail room want to know where to forward your mail.
- Your ID card won’t let you in the building.
- A security guard follows you to your office.
- Your return flight on a business trip is cancelled along with your corporate credit card
- Your boss won’t look you in the eyes.
These less than subtle signs should tell you that you are soon to be history at that company.
For e-books by me, visit http://smashwords.com/profile/view/monteranderson. Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/monteranderson Follow my blog at http://monteranderson-author.com or https://monteranderson.wordpress.com