A lot of discussion about Michael Flynn on whether he lied in his application for a security clearance and lied to VP Mike Pence about of his calls with the Russian ambassador. I am sympathetic. I have often lied to myself. I tell myself these lies over and over until I begin to believe them:
- That’s a name I won’t forget.
- I can easily lose those ten pounds.
- I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember.
- I can still drive after four drinks.
- I can quit smoking/drinking/eating/drugs anytime I want.
- You still got it.
- Yeah, she wants me.
- My mind is as sharp as ever.
- Iâ€™m a very tolerant and reasonable person.
- There’s nothing wrong with my hearing â€“ people mumble.
- Yeah, I can still wear this old outfit.
- I’m above average in intelligence.
- I’m a people person.
- I have a great sense of humor.
- I’m open-minded.
- I’m very truthful with myself.
- I’ll do it tomorrow.
If you lie to yourself enough times, you can lie to anyone.
For e-books by me, visit http://smashwords.com/profile/view/monteranderson.