I read with interest and article by Dennis Green for the Business Insider, “The 10 Worst Style Mistakes a Man can make, According to Women — and how to Avoid them. He mentioned:
jean shorts (jorts), baggy jeans, inappropriate headwear, improper grooming, fake glasses, socks with sandals, clothes that don’t fit, pleated khaki pants, loud shirts with writing, graphics, or flames, and tucked-in shirts that aren’t supposed to be tucked. As usual with numerated lists, he forgot a few. Here are more fashion faux pas:
- Cheese head – This is okay in many parts of Wisconsin and at any Green Bay Packers’ game but should be avoided at all other times.
- Shirtless or shoeless – okay at the beach but not a restaurant.
- Face tattoos that cover the entire face. This is acceptable in some small groups but not for normal people.
- Low pants with underwear showing. The style for young folks provide the underwear are clean. If the underpants are yellow in the front and brown in the back; don’t wear them.
- Painted face and/or chest – just like cheese heads, painted faces and chest are okay at sporting events but not to be worn in public.
- Suspenders with a belt – this conveys a basic insecurity. Make up your mind, one or the other.
- Low riding pants with butt cleavage showing (plumper’s pants) – seldom acceptable. Pull up your pants.
- Food stains on T-shirt – never acceptable.
- Wearing a football helmet and/or mouth guard. WTF? Did you have brain surgery?
- Excessive cat or dog hairs – some pet owners might over look this but most won’t.
If you see yourself dressing like any of these, clean up your act.
For e-books by me, visit http://smashwords.com/profile/view/monteranderson. Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/monteranderson Follow my blog at http://monteranderson-author.com or https://monteranderson.wordpress.com